From demo to game on Switch

Report bugs and other issues about Demetrios, Xenon Valkyrie+ or Riddled Corpses EX.
chesterbr

From demo to game on Switch

Postby chesterbr » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:43 am

Hi! I have played the demo (Chapter 1) and bought the full game on the Nintendo Switch.

Problem is, I can't load my saves from the demo - does it mean I have to start all over? Lose all the objects? :cry:

Hope there is a way to continue from where I am!

COWCAT
Site Admin

Re: From demo to game on Switch

Postby COWCAT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:16 am

Hi,

Unfortunately no :( I wanted to do it but with the software I use to develop (GameMaker Studio) I had no way to make this work. On consoles sharing saves between apps is quite complex. But if this can help, here's a walkthrough :

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/for ... rough.html

With this it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to do chapter 1.
You can also increase text speed in the options to make it easier to skip dialog.

chesterbr

Postby chesterbr » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 pm

That's sad, but I understand. Maybe you could have a "password" system - encode the current status on the demo on a string, so people could write it down, then type it again on the full game (like some 8-bit games like Metal Gear did before consoles were able to actually save games)... anyway, thanks for the quick reply!

anitakate

Postby anitakate » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:39 am

There is no option for this.
I thought as the android game is updated this will be updated but nothing is changed.
I really messed up when start from the beginning.
Last edited by anitakate on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

COWCAT
Site Admin

Postby COWCAT » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:42 am

anitakate wrote:There is no option for this.
I thought as the android game is updated this will be updated but nothing is changed.

I don't understand your message. The Android version is cut into 6 separate chapters and you automatically get what was on the previous chapters when starting any so there is no need for save transfer.

chesterbr

Postby chesterbr » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 pm

COWCAT wrote:
anitakate wrote:There is no option for this.

I don't understand your message. The Android version is cut into 6 separate chapters and you automatically get what was on the previous chapters when starting any so there is no need for save transfer.

Interesting. I thought there might be some optional objects that could or could not be carried from one chapter to another (which would be a reason for transferring the save). But if you always end up in the same state when you close a chapter / start a new one... then it would be really great to have an option on the full game (and I don't see any obstacles to implement it) for the player to just start at a given chapter (or, at the very least, skip the chapter featured in the demo).

chesterbr

Postby chesterbr » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Actually, even if there *are* such objects, it would be still preferable to skip to the "pristine" continuation than to redo a script (which would take me to that state anyway) or try to remember what i did. Here is a suggestion then, thank you for listening! ;)

COWCAT
Site Admin

Postby COWCAT » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:02 pm

The Android version was designed this way because I couldn't get saves to work between several apps (each chapter is a different app and you can't easily transfer save from one app to another on Android)

It's not a big deal though because there are only two items in the whole game that are optional, and they're automatically given to you on chapter 2.

If I make an Android version of my new adventure game someday, I'll probably make it in one package with in-app purchases for each chapter. Not a big fan of this but it seems to be the most suitable way these days.

chesterbr

Postby chesterbr » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:02 am

COWCAT wrote:there are only two items in the whole game that are optional, and they're automatically given to you on chapter 2.

That makes me think it really makes sense that the Switch version should allow you to start on Chapter 2 (with said items), so those who played Chapter 1 on the demo can continue from where they (usually) stop.

If you ever touch the Switch version again, that would be lovely. Thanks!

Return to “Technical Support”