How did Eugene get hired at the police station?

Discuss the game "Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure"! Give your opinion and make suggestions.
Moo

How did Eugene get hired at the police station?

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:12 am

Sorry if this is something that's revealed later in the game - I'm holding off on purchasing until the Switch version is released as the PC version doesn't register all my clicks properly. I take it the physical releases will be PC and PlayStation only?

Anyway, yeah, I'm just curious if there's any backstory as to how Eugene got hired. Who would want a visually, mentally and... uh... hearingly(?) handicapped police officer who just plays a version of Pong all day? Is the police station trying to fulfil some disability programme?

I know it's just a silly little game with an absurd amount of text, but the tale of Eugene, if there is any, is bugging me. Thanks for your time.

COWCAT
Site Admin

Re: How did Eugene get hired at the police station?

Postby COWCAT » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 am

Hi,

It's weird, no one mentioned the PC version "not registering clicks" before. Must be something on your computer?

And about Eugene, let's just say there are minimum quotas for the police staff so they took the first person who wanted the "job" :p

Moo

Re: How did Eugene get hired at the police station?

Postby Moo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Eh, fair enough.

I've downloaded the full version of the PC release now. Seems about the same - clicking for longer seems to be the solution. Some rooms also seem to have high CPU usage? But whatever - it's playable. Not tried using an Xbox controller.

I've also tried doing some speedrun practice on the Nintendo Switch demo, just 'cause I have nothing better to do. When doing this, sometimes music fails to fire, or you end up being in an area with the previous area's music playing. I also managed to get the game in a strange state where the police officer had to be shown the newspaper again, then wanted another ice cream. By this point Bjorn only had €0.25 so the save file had to be discarded. Not sure how I managed that, but it was the result of fast tapping on the touchscreen. But playing the game regularly there are no issues.

Return to “Demetrios”